Middle School – EDGE
The format is similar to our Life Teen program for high school (grades 9 – 12). Middle School students in grades 6 – 8 gather in a large group for the first 45 minutes of the night and then break into small groups (about 7 people) for the remaining time for follow-up discussions and/or activities. The EDGE sessions are facilitated by a Core Team of about eight adults and confirmed high school youth. We believe that our Middle School youth benefit from seeing both adults and older youth, as well as their peers, witness to what it means to be a follower of Christ. It is also our firm hope and belief that the small group experience encourages the formation of deep and authentic Christ-centered relationships with peers and adults.
• EDGE sessions occur on Sunday evenings from 6:00 to 7:30 pm.
• Youth are encouraged to attend the 4:30 pm Mass with their family prior to coming to their EDGE session.
• Our optional dinner program for youth following the 4:30 pm Liturgy will be continued. Food begins right after the 4:30 pm Mass ends. Parents are asked to sign up for one or two nights to help with providing food over the course of the year (pizza, pasta, etc). Contact Chrissy Porco to sign up.
• Every night includes both teaching and activities targeted at getting the kids more involved.
• Youth use a variety of sources for teaching materials. The primary resource are EDGE online lessons. See Catholicyouthministry.com for more info.
• Service projects, such as participation in PACEM, food drives, etc., are integrated into the EDGE curriculum.
Parents should attend Mass with their children, actively partner with EDGE Core Team members to help their children deepen their relationship with Christ and other spirit-filled youth, and pray with their children.
We Need You
We need Core Team members who love God and are willing to guide youth on their faith journey expecting to learn as much from youth as youth learn from them. Quite simply Core Team members are people like you.
2012-2013 CF Schedule : Note that this schedule is subject to modification for EDGE/Life Teen special events and retreats.
Registration and Fees
Fees are $75 for one child, $120 for two children, and $150 for three or more children.
To download a registration form, click here.
Mail or drop off your registration form with payment to the office. Kindly note that no registration will be processed without payment of fees.
Watch Channel 29 (WVIR) or listen to 1070 AM for cancellation information. Cancellations are also be posted on the HOME page of this website, and a message added to the Parish phone system (973-4381). As always, parents should use their discretion, taking into account weather in thier area, distance travelled, etc.